Our mission is to create an inclusive equine environment that will allow people to achieve their personal goals.
We offer lessons for riders with disabilities in groups and private sessions which are delivered by qualified instructors with specialist experience in working with people with disabilities, behavioural difficulties and emotional problems. We have specialist equipment to allow mounting and dismounting for people with limited mobility, including a hoist and a wheelchair accessible mounting ramp.
Our riding lessons offer an enormous range of physical, learning, developmental and social benefits. For example:
- Just sitting on a walking horse moves every muscle in the body, so our lessons enable riders to, for example, improve balance, develop core strength, and reduce spasticity in over-tight muscles.
- Riding lessons also offer language and processing development as clients listen to and act on directions from instructors.
- Educational learning is provided as riders practice counting or colour recognition during lessons (for example riders may be asked to turn toward a green object or count their strides).
- Improvements in emotional and social skills are achieved as riders form relationships of trust with their horse, their instructor and our volunteers.
- Riders gain improved self-belief as they perfect new skills.
Many of our lessons take place on our Woodland Trail offering riders an often rare opportunity to enjoy the countryside and increase their feeling of well-being. This outdoor work particularly benefits riders with Autism.
Conquest Centre also offers tuition to able-bodied riders aged 4 and upwards and often group lessons will include both disabled and non-disabled riders – based purely on abilities on the horse rather than any other judgement. We specialise in providing beginner/novice riders with the foundation skills needed to go on to ride at higher levels. All our instructors aim to give fun and instructive lessons from lead rein classes to jumping small fences.
Lesson content is extremely varied and tailored very much to the individual rider. If you would like more information about learning to ride at Conquest Centre, please get in touch on email@example.com and our instructors will be happy to discuss this further with you.
You can download a Registration Pack here Client Registration Pack 2015. This pack contains all the information you need to apply for taking part in activities at Conquest Centre, although please note that completing and submitting a form does not guarantee you a place. Please ensure that you read our Terms & Conditions. It is very important that any carers who attend with riders are prepared to assist in the sessions.