DONATIONS / INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISING
We always need the support of individuals willing to fundraise for us. If you are interested in raising some much needed and much appreciated money for us, and would like to have fun and challenge yourself, we would love to hear from you!
Here are some tips and ideas for successful fundraising:
- Set a goal – be ambitious.
- Decide what you want to do.
- Tell us – we can support you by promoting your event and provide you with resources, such as banners, leaflets, collecting tins and balloons.
- Tell your family and friends – they will be generous and set a precedent for other donations.
- Embrace social media and make the most of Virginmoneygiving.com, Justgiving, Facebook and Twitter to help build awareness and advertise your event.
- Ask companies to support you with donations of raffle prizes.
- See if you can get your fundraising matched – many organisations offer matched giving for charitable fundraising.
- Use Gift Aid. However you collect your money, ask UK taxpayers to tick the Gift Aid box on your giving page or sponsorship form. That means we will receive 25 pence extra from the government for every pound given.
- Have fun!
- Sell some unwanted possessions. Sort out old clothes or unwanted gifts, then ask for donations or sell them on Ebay or at a car boot sale. If you tell people where the money will be going, they may even chip in a bit more for the things you’re selling.
- Hold a pub quiz. Have some fun while you’re fundraising. You could theme the questions around your event or Conquest Centre and even ask the pub to donate the prize.
- Promises auction. Run an Auction of Promises and sell donated services as prizes. You will have fun, promote Conquest Centre and generate some money all at the same time.
- Get baking! Selling cakes to friends or at work can be really profitable – who can say no to a cupcake with their cuppa?
- Earn some donations. Help people with odd jobs such as taking dogs for walks, babysitting or doing ironing for friends and family. This way, people get something in return for their donation and may be more generous.
- Ask for birthday donations. If you have a birthday coming up, why not ask your friends and family to donate to your fundraising page instead of buying you a present – money they would be spending anyway will be going on a really good cause, and you won’t end up with another box of smellies!
- Hold a dinner party. Put on your chefs whites and throw a dinner party. Then just ask guests to donate what they think the meal is worth.
- Food forfeit. A little sacrifice can go a long way when it comes to fundraising. Love cheese? Chocolate? Wine? Get sponsored for abstaining and turn your loss into Conquest Centre’s gain.
For more ideas, support and resources, please get in touch with the Fundraising Team on 01823 433614 or email
CLUBS AND GROUPS
At Conquest Centre, we rely on the support and generosity of the local community to enable us to offer horse-related activities to people with physical and learning disabilities. If you belong to any club or group, we would love to hear from you – from art clubs to zumba classes and everything in between. Does your sewing club, rotary group, golf club or church have the opportunity to raise some vital funds for Conquest Centre? Perhaps on Captain’s Day, as Charity of the Year or simply a one-off event or collection? A Conquest Centre representative will always be happy to visit groups and speak about how we make a difference to the people that need us, and how you can help us to make that difference. You could also visit Conquest Centre to find out more about the services we offer and how the money you raise for us will be put to very good use. If you would like to do some fundraising, we can provide you with posters, balloons, banners and even help you to promote your event via our website and Facebook which has a big following. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Fundraising Team on Conquest Centre 01823 433614 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org