OUR COMMITMENT TO VOLUNTEERS
Conquest Centre values every volunteer and works to give each volunteer the best experience possible.
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy in all your dealings with Conquest Centre. We recognise how important your contributions are to our work, and we welcome your comments and suggestions.
- Support and supervision – whatever your role within Conquest Centre you will have the support of all other staff and volunteers.
- Training and guidelines – volunteers are asked to complete initial training, and may be offered additional training opportunities thereafter.
In return for our commitment we ask you:
- For a positive and upbeat approach to your role within Conquest Centre.
- To fulfil the role you take on to the best of your ability and time available.
- To respect and comply with Conquest Centre policies – these are in place for the benefit and protection of volunteers, staff, service users and members of the public.
- To enhance the good reputation of Conquest Centre – as a representative of the charity, we expect you to behave in a professional and courteous manner.
- To maintain confidentiality – to abide by the principle of confidentiality and respect all confidential information relating to Conquest Centre, fellow volunteers, employees, members of the public and service users. We ask volunteers not to take photos without permission from a member of staff.
- To comply with our Publicity Guidelines – to ensure any comments or statements made on behalf of Conquest Centre are in line with Conquest Centre guidelines and policies. Any media contact must be through our office.
- To be reliable and let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your agreed session times.